Here is Complete list of all the updates in 0.4.1 if anyone is unaware of all the changes.
By jdavidbakr - Site Admin
4/17/2017 9:29 pm
I am thrilled to announce that version 0.4.1 is being released this evening! All leagues will begin using the engine as they pass the end of season stage.
Below is a brief summary of the major updates.
* Significant attention has been given to the line play. A player's weight now is a major consideration in the blocking algorithm. Sacks should be reduced to a more realistic level, and pressure from the outside rushers should improve. A player's blocking skill is more important than it was previously. Influence of speed has been reduced.
* The pursuit algorithm has been improved, and the break tackle algorithm has been improved as well to reduce the number of missed tackled by good tacklers.
* Zone coverage has been completely rewritten with much improvement.
* Man coverage has also had a rewrite.
* QB pocket awareness has undergone a rewrite as well.
* And, QB accuracy has had a significant update. Accuracy now plays a much stronger role in whether a pass will be intercepted or not. You should now see low accuracy QB's, not the high-accuracy ones, leading the league in interceptions thrown.
* Overusing plays - especially blitzes - now come at a price and can be beaten by scouting, as well as a general improvement of the opponent's learning of the play being overused, which will cause the same play to diminish in effectiveness the more it is used in a game.
* Hot reads have been completely rewritten. If you scout a defensive blitz and there is a free blitzer, your QB intelligence will determine whether he will hot read. Even if you didn't scout the play, if a blitz is used extensively, you will also start to see a quicker turn to the hot read after it has been used several times. And, hot reads are now more than just a quick short pass - the situation will determine where the QB will throw the ball, and the net result is that a hot read is extremely likely to be successful. With the improvement of zone and man coverage, you should no longer have to rely on the blitz to stop your opponent, and a balanced defensive attack should be much more effective than it was previously.
* LBs now run laterally with the RB until they have a clear path to pursue him.
* If you have game planning rules that overlap, only the first rule in the list will be used.
* A waiver wire has been introduced. When a player is cut, he will appear on the waiver wire until the next midweek sim, and all teams will have an opportunity to sign him at the base salary. The team with the worst record will be awarded the contract. Because the signing is unpredictable, it only happens during midweek sims. If a player is not signed by the midweek sim, he becomes a normal free agent.
* Players are going to be asking for more money now when renegotiating. This will be a gradual update to avoid sticker shock, but in general you will begin to see your cap squeeze over the next 3-4 seasons.
Last edited at 4/17/2017 9:33 pm