League Forums

Main - League News/General Discussion

2018 Playoffs

By raidergreg69
6/11/2017 6:07 pm
We have 4 different playoff teams in 2018 compared to last year, 2 in each conference. In the American Conference, New York and Houston replace Los Angeles and New England while the new National Conference teams are Los Angeles and Detroit who replace Atlanta and Chicago.

Congratulations to the playoff teams and best of luck, except for Detroit. Guess which team I play this morning lol? JK, good luck to you as well DocK.

Obviously I'm hoping for better results this time around. Last year I had a home game vs Tampa, a team I had handled in the regular season, only to fall way behind early. My team made a furious comeback to tie things at 22 with about 1 minute left but my defense let them get downfield and kick the game winner at the gun.

Houston @ Kansas City (-3)
Pittsburgh @ Tennessee (-1)
New York (N) (-1) @ Los Angeles
San Francisco (-3) @ Detroit

Re: 2018 Playoffs

By punisher
6/12/2017 9:14 am
raidergreg69 wrote:

winner---------------score------loser
Kansas City-------33-10-----Houston
Tennessee---------18-17-----Pittsburgh
New York (N)------33-17----Los Angeles
San Francisco----27-20----Detroit

divisional round
Tennessee (-1) at New York (A)
Kansas City at Cincinnati (-4)
New York (N) at Washington (-3)
San Francisco at Tampa Bay (even)

By ChrisBroNext
6/12/2017 9:29 am
Congrats KC.

Sadly I think my guys were just happy to make the playoffs. You pretty much kicked my team all day long. Tough to throw 3 picks with no TDs and win. Yes, your QB threw 3 picks but the 3 TDs makes that so much easier to shallow.

Good luck the rest of the way.

By trslick
6/12/2017 10:37 am
GG Houston, you are looking good and on your way up!

By raidergreg69
6/12/2017 12:53 pm
GG Detroit. I thought I was in trouble the way you ran on me early and completed passes with my defense on top of your QB and some tight coverage. When I finally hit a big play in the 3rd qtr to pull within 3, you bust the KO return for a TD and flatten my kicker in the process.

That must have fired up my team because they shut you down from that point. Your defense did a pretty good job the whole game except for a few busted coverages. Unlike 2017 when my offense routinely produced big plays, this year they are more methodical, using a productive running game to drive down the field, so it was nice to see the big play reappear.

On to Tampa, where I look to do to them what they did to me in 2017, knock them out of the playoffs on their home field. I am 2-1 vs Tampa, beating them in each of our 2 regular seasons while losing in the Divisional Round last year.

By raidergreg69
6/13/2017 6:46 am
https://mfn85.myfootballnow.com/gamecenter/view/658#113068

Let it run through the kickoff. The first play is a 93 yd TD pass to Lloyd Braun from Timothy Cate. After the XP, Jerry Haider returns the kickoff 98 yards. On default speed and faster it looks like Tyler Brennan gets run over, but slowed down, Haider bounces off the initial Brennan hit, turns 180 degrees toward his own goal before righting himself and appearing to run straight through Brennan. Perhaps he did get flattened and was on the ground, allowing Haider to get past him? Regardless, at that point I thought I was destined to lose.

By punisher
6/14/2017 9:14 am
punisher wrote:
raidergreg69 wrote:

winner---------------score------loser
Kansas City-------33-10-----Houston
Tennessee---------18-17-----Pittsburgh
New York (N)------33-17----Los Angeles
San Francisco----27-20----Detroit

divisional round
Tennessee (-1) at New York (A)
Kansas City at Cincinnati (-4)
New York (N) at Washington (-3)
San Francisco at Tampa Bay (even)

winner-------------------score------loser
New York (A)---------40-23-------Tennessee
Cincinnati--------------34-3---------Kansas City
Washington------------24-16------New York (N)
San Francisco--------17-16------Tampa Bay

Conference title games
Cincinnati (-1) @ New York (A)
San Francisco @ Washington (-7)

By raidergreg69
6/14/2017 1:49 pm
Got past Tampa in a nail biter, but at what cost? Had a couple of key injuries that will weaken my defense against Washington. Duncan Meyer is out, destroyed his ankle and can't play if I wanted him to, while my other starting CB must have hurt his ankle on the game clinching INT, he's probably playing but won't be 100%. I was already missing a starting LB, and in addition to my CB's getting hurt, LDE Mike Moffitt has a bad foot and is questionable.

Looking over Washington this morning, it was going to be a very tough task if I was at full strength, so it's not looking good. Nobody has beat them yet this year but we are surely going to do our best with whatever we have left.

I'd wish you good luck but you don't need it, I do lol.

By raidergreg69
6/14/2017 2:04 pm
I neglected to mention what a good game Tampa played. They capitalized on my early mistakes, turning 1 turnover deep in my end into 7 points, then another drive that looked like points for me ended with an INT. All game long Cate was under pressure and had to move in the pocket and Tampa's tight coverage didn't provide many passing windows.

In the 4th qtr the mistakes started evening out as 2 INT by my defense saved the day. One mistake Tampa won't forget is the offsides penalty on a FG which gave me a 1st down after I took the 3 off the board. That turned into 7 points.

Two seasons, two SF/TB playoff games decided at the end of the game. Maybe we'll see each other in the 2019 playoffs and break our tie.

By raidergreg69
6/16/2017 5:09 am
GG Washington, that went pretty much how I expected it to. My banged up defense did a decent job considering, but my fully healthy offense was completely shut down. The running game never got going and the OL couldn't pass protect. Good luck in the League Championship.